How to Prepare for Exterior Painting
Prior to Doherty Restoration, Inc.'s Arrival:
- Please let us know your paint color choices (or sample selection) a week in advance
- Please return your signed forms and deposit promptly
- Please inform Doherty Restoration of parking options (on street, driveway; will a permit be required?)
- Please confirm a location for porta-toilet placement and trash storage
- Please make space available in a secure area for ladder and equipment storage
- Please ensure crew access to electrical outlets and water (a hose).
- Please clear items from the work area – including porches and decks
- Please turn off your alarm or explain how to disarm it if accidentally tripped
Count on the Doherty Restoration Crew to Treat Your Home and Yard With Respect
Doherty Restoration crews generally begin work at 7:00AM, though other arrangements may be made
- Extra paint will be labeled and left on-site for future touch-up. Paint should be stored indoors to prevent freezing
- Our crews adhere to State & Federal safety requirements wherever lead paint is present
- We seek to provide exceptional customer service. As work progresses, please be sure to share any questions or concerns you may have, either with your project foreman or call the office at 415-695-1494.
- Trash will be neatly stored and removed periodically
- Your crew will tidy and secure the work site at the end of each day
Children & Pets
To ensure everyone’s safety (children, pets and our crew) please keep visitors away from the work area. It’s not always possible for crew carrying equipment to latch gates immediately as they move through gated areas
Please let us know where a porta-toilet may be situated for the duration of your project. The toilet will be serviced once a week and removed within a week of project completion.
Please discuss landscaping concerns with your estimator. Given your garden’s bloom cycle, what is the best season for work to be scheduled? We encourage you to point out particularly sensitive areas and will do our utmost to protect delicate landscaping. Exterior painting does require that equipment, ladders, drops and crew occupy the area extending 10 feet beyond your home’s foundation. Some wear and tear is, unfortunately, unavoidable.
We are committed to completing jobs on time, ensuring minimal disruption to our clients, and creating a beautiful, lasting product. We also work evenings and weekends to better serve our clients with special needs!